Woburn Hill School
In the early 1950’s the lower forms were separated from the main body of St George’s and two new schools were founded; Barrow Hills, the boarding preparatory school and Woburn Hill, the day preparatory school. Woburn Hill was founded in a large house on the College property and was known as the Hill School. It was becoming so popular that by 1964 it was overcrowded.
However boarding at many schools was in decline, this was evident at St George’s by the weakening of boarding at Barrow Hills compared to the rise in day pupils at Woburn Hill. In 1984 numbers rose steadily, with well over 200 boys at the school by the end of 1987.
In 1995 Woburn Hill changed its name to St George’s Junior School and in 1999 due to St Maur’s closure and the co-educational move, St George’s Junior School moved to the Thames Street premises a year later.